Organo clay CP-180
organo clay (modified montmorillonite), designed especially for use in solvent based system including intermediate and low polarity range organic liquid..
Composition Organic derivative of a montmorillonite clay
Appearance Fine powder, white
Moisture content (105℃,2hr) ≤3.5%
Loss on ignition (1000℃) 29%-32%
Bulk density 0.53g/cm3
Fineness (<74μm, %) ≥98%
Organo clay Advantages
- Exerts gelling efficiency over a wide range of intermediate and low polarity
- Easy dispersing
- The gel is colourless and of high clarity
- Produce reproducible thixotropic consistency over a wide temperature range
- Imparts particle suspension, sag resistance without impairing flow and leveling, preventing hard settling of pigment and fillers
- Exerts strong film reinforcing action in organic binder systems
Organo clay CP-180 is used in the applications:
- Paints & coatings with solvent of low to medium polarity
- Powder Coating
- Lubricant Grease, ink, sealant
- Oil drilling mud
CP-180 disperses under high shear and requires a polar activator (30%~40%) for best efficiency. Addition levels are typically in 0.2%~2.0%. Polar activator (95% Ethanol or 95% Methanol) is needed.
All safety information is provided in the Material Safety Data Sheets for Zhejiang Camp-Shinning New Material Co.,Ltd..
Kraft paper bag with PE liner or multi-wall paper sacks or customized. 25kg/bag or 22.68kg/bag or customized
CP-180 has a shelf life of 2 years and stored in cool and dry place.