Product Name : Thickening Clay
Color : Off – White Organoclay Powder
Application: Thixotropic Uses Paints | Coatings | Grease | Oil drilling Mud
Materials : Alkyl Quaternary Ammonium bentonite
Certificate: ISO 9001
Packing: 25Kg/Bag，22.68 (50lb)/Bag Or Customize
16MT/20FCL With Pallet, 22MT/40FCL With Pallet.
Features : Thixotropy, Thickening, Anti-Settling, Anti-Sagging,
Sample Service : Thickening Clay Sample Available.
Brand : Camp – Shinning Organoclay
Thickening Clay is a good anti settling agent in paint industry.Paint thickening agent also named oil thickening additive. All anti settling agent from Camp Shinning has good thixotropy, thickening, dispersibility and high-temperature stability in paint formulation.
Anti settling agent also named paint thickening agent and thixotropic agent for epoxy (common name Organoclay ).
In paint industry, organoclay could use for solvent based paint and water based paint.
Anti Sagging Agent is adapted for aromatic solvent, ester, ketone, alcohol and resins in medium and high polarity such as two-component polyurethane, fluorocarbon coating, epoxy coating, zinc-rich coating etc.
Organoclay bentonite CAS ：68953 – 58 -2
Sale Dept: [email protected]
Little filtrated volume
Excellent capacity of making mud
Easy to adjust the density of the well drilling slurry
Viscometer dial reading at 600r/min
Plastic viscosity Ratio
Residue of diameter greater than 200mesh
Max mass fraction 5.0%
Types of bentonite clay CP-DRI is suitable for all type of freshwater mud rotary drilling.
CP-DRI can also be used as a seal for earthen structures, slurry trenching, tunnel boring and foundation drill.
Mixing and dosage:
Mixing ratios are based on the use of freshwater; water purity will affect bentonite performance. For best results, acidic and hard make-up water should be pretreated with SODA ASH to a pH of 8.5-9.5. Add PREMIUM GEL slowly through jet/hopper mixer.The quantity of bentonite used is variable depending upon the depth of the hole to be drilled. Generally one tonne of bentonite is used to prepare about 100 barrels of mud.
25kg/bag; or 50kg/bag, packed by 800kg or 1000kg super sacks.
How To Use Thixotropic clay
- Pre-gel method
- Polar activator is not necessary:
- Main solvent xylene: 95~92%
- Thixotropic clay :5~8%
- Dispersing 5-15min, gel is finished.
- Polar activator is necessary:
- In aromatic solvent, the recommend activator is methyl acohol/water (95%/5%)/ acolhol/water (95%/5%), the dosage is 33%-45% based on the weight of CP-720B.
- In mineral oil (such as 200#), white oil, diesel oil, the recommend activator is methyl acohol/water (95%/5%)/acolhol/water(95%/5%), the dosage is 33%-60% based on the weight of CP-720B.
- Procedure of adding gel:
- Charge solvent and resin to mill
- Slowly add the gel
- Dispersing 5-10min
- Wetting agent (if required)
- Disperse completely to desired fineness
- Dilute to desired viscosity
- Add directly with powder
- Charge solvent and resin
- Add Thixotropic clay slowly
- Disperse 10-15min
D .Add polar activator (if necessary)
- Disperse 10-15min at high speed
- Add wetting agent and other additive
- G.Grind and next procedure
It can be added directly in powder under high shear condition. The addition is recommended to be before grinding procedure to get the best effectiveness. Addition level is commonly 0.1%~2.0%. If add polar activator and make pre-gel, better efficiency can be achieved.
oilfield specialty chemicals