Rheology Modifiers Viscosifiers CP-908 is an organo clay (modified montmorillonite), designed especially for use in solvent based system including intermediate and low polarity range organic liquid.
Composition Organic derivative of a montmorillonite clay
Appearance Fine powder, white
Moisture content (105℃,2hr) ≤3.5%
Loss on ignition (1000℃) 29%-32%
Bulk density 0.53g/cm3
Fineness (<74μm, %) ≥98%
- Exerts gelling efficiency over a wide range of intermediate and low polarity
- Easy dispersing
- The gel is colourless and of high clarity
- Produce reproducible thixotropic consistency over a wide temperature range
- Imparts particle suspension, sag resistance without impairing flow and leveling, preventing hard settling of pigment and fillers
- Exerts strong film reinforcing action in organic binder systems
Rheology Modifiers Viscosifiers CP-908 is used in the following applications:
- Paints & coatings with solvent of low to medium polarity
- Lubricant Grease, ink, sealant
- Oil drilling mud
Rheology Modifiers Viscosifiers CP-908 disperses under high shear and requires a polar activator (30%~40%) for best efficiency. Heat is not required to obtain good dispersion. Addition levels are typically in 0.2%~2.0%. Polar activator (95% Ethanol or 95% Methanol) is needed. Normally addition level of polar activator is recommended to be 30%~40% of CP-908 in weight.
All safety information is provided in the Material Safety Data Sheets for Zhejiang Camp-Shinning New Material Co.,Ltd.
Kraft bag or kraft complex interior with PE or customized.
Rheology Modifiers Viscosifiers CP-908 has a shelf life of 2 years, and should be stored in ventilated cool and dry place.
The information on use is based on data which are believed reliable, but any recommendation or suggestion made are without guarantee or warranty, since the conditions of use are outside our control. All products are sold on the conditions that purchasers shall make their own tests to determine the suitability of such products for their purpose and that all risks are assumed by user. We disclaim any responsibility for damages resulting from careless or improper handling or use. Nothing herein is to be taken as permission, inducement or recommendation to practice any patented invention without a license.