organo clay (modified montmorillonite)CP-27 is an organo clay (modified montmorillonite), designed especially for use in solvent based system. It is used especially in solvents of high polarity.
Composition Organic derivative of a montmorillonite clay
Appearance Fine powder, light yellow
Moisture content (105℃,2hr) ≤3.5%
Loss on ignition (1000℃) 34.7%
Bulk density 0.53g/cm3
Fineness (<74μm, %) ≥98%
- High gelling efficiency
- Produce reproducible thixotropic consistency over a wide temperature range
- Imparts particle suspension, preventing hard settling of pigment and fillers
- Exerts strong film reinforcing action in organic binder systems
CP-27 is used in the following applications:
- Marine paint, Industrial paint, heavy-duty, anticorrosion paint (especially forepoxy paint)
- Unsaturated polyester putty
CP-27 disperses under high shear and requires a polar activator for best efficiency. Heat is not required to obtain good dispersion. Addition levels are typically in 0.2%~2.0%. Normally addition level of polar activator (95% Ethanol or 95% Methanol) is recommended to be 45%~60% of CP-27 in weight.
Kraft paper bag with PE liner or multi-wall paper sacks or customized. 25kg/bag or 22.68kg/bag or customized