Organo Montmorillonite Camp Shinning Organoclay
Organo montmorillonite is an oilfield specialty chemicals which supply by Camp Shinning.It also named montmorillonite powder. It has the characteristics of good suspension, thixotropy, low fluid loss, good slurry-making performance, convenient preparation and easy adjustment of the specific gravity of drilling fluid. So oilfield chemicals organophilic clay is an ideal basic material indispensable for deep well and offshore drilling engineering.
Sale Dept: email@example.com
Composition Organic derivative of a montmorillonite clay
Appearance Fine powder, white
Moisture content (105℃,2hr) ≤3.5%
Loss on ignition (1000℃) 40%-44%
Bulk density 0.40~0.60g/cm3
Fineness (<74μm, %) ≥99.8%
Dispersion fineness (μm) ≤10
- High purity, low silica content.
- Easy dispersing, fine particle size.Easy to use, no need to pregel
- High viscosity and high thixotropic.
- Wide application range. It can be applied in almost all resins and solvents
- Gel is very transparent and of light color.
Oilfield chemicals Organophilic clay are used in the following applications:
- Paints including top grades paint, decorative paint, industrial paint, traffic paint etc.
- Cleaning agent
- Oil Drilling Mud
- Fracture Fluids
All safety information is provided in the Material Safety Data Sheets for Zhejiang Camp-Shinning New Material Co., Ltd.
Kraft paper bag with PE liner or multi-wall paper sacks or customized. 25kg/bag or 22.68kg/bag or customized
Thixotropic gel has a shelf life of 2 years, and should be stored in ventilated cool and dry place.
The information on use is based on data which are believed reliable, but any recommendation or suggestion made is without guarantee or warranty, since the conditions of use are outside our control. All products are sold on the conditions that purchasers shall make their own tests to determine the suitability of such products for their purpose and that all risks are assumed by user. We disclaim any responsibility for damages resulting from careless or improper handling or use. Nothing herein is to be taken as permission, inducement or recommendation to practice any patented invention without a license.
How To Use Thixotropic clay
- Pre-gel method
- Polar activator is not necessary:
- Main solvent xylene: 95~92%
- Thixotropic clay :5~8%
- Dispersing 5-15min, gel is finished.
- Polar activator is necessary:
- In aromatic solvent, the recommend activator is methyl acohol/water (95%/5%)/ acolhol/water (95%/5%), the dosage is 33%-45% based on the weight of CP-720B.
- In mineral oil (such as 200#), white oil, diesel oil, the recommend activator is methyl acohol/water (95%/5%)/acolhol/water(95%/5%), the dosage is 33%-60% based on the weight of CP-720B.
- Procedure of adding gel:
- Charge solvent and resin to mill
- Slowly add the gel
- Dispersing 5-10min
- Wetting agent (if required)
- Disperse completely to desired fineness
- Dilute to desired viscosity
- Add directly with powder
- Charge solvent and resin
- Add Thixotropic clay slowly
- Disperse 10-15min
D .Add polar activator (if necessary)
- Disperse 10-15min at high speed
- Add wetting agent and other additive
- G.Grind and next procedure
It can be added directly in powder under high shear condition. The addition is recommended to be before grinding procedure to get the best effectiveness. Addition level is commonly 0.1%~2.0%. If add polar activator and make pre-gel, better efficiency can be achieved.
oilfield specialty chemicals