What Is Organoclay？
Organoclay is an organically processed bentonite powder,it is a naturally occurring clay mineral. Organoclay is also called organophilic bentonite clay and rheology modifier.It is a coating additive,grease additive and drilling additives.
Five Major Application And Functions Of Organoclay Bentonite
|Oil Drilling Mud|
Effectively suspends weighting materials and other solids
Easy dispersing，good thixotropy
Sag resistance without impairing flow and leveling, preventing hard settling
The gel is colourless and of high clarity
Different grades of organoclay bentonitehave different activation requirements
Organoclay bentonite is a rheological additive for paints and inks in low, medium and high polar solvent systems such as aliphatic hydrocarbons, esters, and ketones.
Organic bentonite clay can be self-activated and dispersed in xylene, xylene-esters (such as butyl acetate), xylene-ketones (such as cyclohexanone) and other medium and high polar solvent systems.
In 200# solvent oil, white oil (mineral alcohol) and other aliphatic hydrocarbon low-polarity solvent systems, an activator should be added to aid dispersion (the activator is 95% ethanol, which is 40-60% of the organic earth weight). It is highly polar in alcohols. In the system (such as butanol), an activator, such as propylene carbonate, needs to be added.
What Is The Application Of Organobentonite?
★Application in oil drilling
Organobentonite is the most basic lipophilic colloid in oil-based drilling fluids, and it is an indispensable additive. In the oil-based drilling fluid, it can not only increase the viscosity and shear force of the drilling fluid, but also reduce the filtration loss of the oil-based drilling fluid.
★Application in grease
Bentonite grease is a gelatinized grease made from organic soil and is a thickener. It has the advantages of high use temperature, no fear of moisture, no fear of humidity, colloidal stability, good chemical and thermal stability, and excellent extreme pressure resistance.
★Application in paint
Organobentonite is widely used in coatings. The use of organic bentonite in paint and ink can improve its thixotropy, suspension emulsion and stability, improve spreadability, prevent sagging, sagging, increase paint film thickness, prevent paint precipitation, improve storage stability, and improve paint quality and paint Quality and service life of parts.
★Application in cosmetics
Incorporate organic bentonite clay into various cosmetics, such as cream, grease, toothpaste and nail polish. Organobentonite is used to improve thixotropy and play a role. China supplier of organoclay would like to recommend you stable quality products.
What are the characteristics of Organoclay Rheological Additive?
Organobentonite has good adsorption, suspension, water absorption, lubricity, cohesiveness, colloid dispersion, adhesion and good cation exchange properties after encountering water. Because of its many special characteristics, bentonite is widely used in hundreds of industries and is called “organoclay” by people.
What color is the appearance of Organoclay?
The appearance of organic bentonite clay is white. Compared with other colors of bentonite, white bentonite has low iron content, less impurities, and high purity, so the application value of white bentonite is also relatively high. Broadly speaking, it is normal for the bentonite to show a variety of different colors. This is due to the difference in the ore belt area and the different depth of the original ore of the bentonite. Due to the high iron content of bentonite ore, it is usually reddish and yellowish. In fact, for companies that do not require high color, the performance of bentonite is not affected by the color.
Good quality bentonite has the following remarkable characteristics:
(1) Less impurities and high purity:
High-quality bentonite is characterized by low impurities, high purity, and oily luster. It has a smooth feel to the touch with our hands and is jelly-like.
Under normal circumstances, most of the bentonite we buy is processed powder, and the common specifications for fineness are 200 mesh or 325 mesh. The appearance of a good-quality bentonite product is pure white powder that we can observe with the naked eye.
(2) Rapid expansion in contact with water:
Another notable feature of high-quality bentonite is that it absorbs water quickly. After being fully dissolved in water, it can swell to at least 10-25 times its own volume, so it can become a colloidal solution.
(3) Strong cation exchange and strong adsorption:
Bentonite has strong cation exchange capacity and adsorption capacity, so bentonite can absorb or absorb various odors and colors. It is mixed with grease to make the grease smoother.
(4) Good suspension, not easy to settle:
Putting the purified bentonite powder in water has very good dispersibility and is not easy to settle.
The role of organic bentonite in oil-based mud:
(1) Protect the shaft wall: it can be penetrated, bonded and reinforced in the sand and gravel gaps around the shaft wall, so as to protect the shaft wall from collapsing.
(2) Cooling the drill tool: Organic bentonite can effectively reduce the high temperature generated when the drill bit is cutting with the ground, and cool the drill tool to prevent burning.
(3)Leakage plugging: Organic bentonite and water can form a thin and impermeable mud wall to prevent water leakage accidents and play a role of plugging.
(4) Clean the bottom of the well: The organic bentonite mud can carry the cuttings and debris at the bottom of the well along with the rotation of the drill pipe to keep the bottom of the well clean.
(5) Improve mud performance: The high-adhesive gel solution formed after the bentonite and water slurry can effectively increase the plastic viscosity, dynamic shear force, and static shear force of the mud system, thereby increasing the suspension and suspension of drill cuttings by the drilling fluid. Carrying ability.
(6) Low filter vector: Organic bentonite can be equipped with high-performance drilling fluid, which not only has less water loss but also has strong wall protection performance.
(7) Lubrication and decompression: Organic bentonite can effectively lubricate drilling tools and drill pipes, prevent borehole expansion and reduce drilling pressure.
(8) Balance formation pressure: Bentonite can stabilize and balance formation pressure for well-walled bentonite.
(9) Improve drilling rate: The efficiency of drilling engineering using bentonite is significantly increased by more than 30%, effectively reducing drilling construction costs.
What is the amount of bentonite organoclay added in the putty powder?
(1) Putty powder: Generally, the amount of putty powder and bentonite recommended by our bentonite manufacturers is controlled by adding 8-15 kg of bentonite per ton of putty powder to achieve a good water retention and lubricating effect.
(2) Putty paste: Putty paste can control the amount of bentonite added to 10~20 kg per ton of putty paste for the best effect.
Is Camp Shining a credible organoclay supplier?
Camp Shining is a leading organoclay manufacturer & supplier in China with over 20 years of experience. Our great experience in the bentonite industry enables us to manufacture high quality organoclay.
On top of that, Camp Shining is a certified organoclay manufacturer. Camp Shining has ISO 19001 quality system certifications.
We have our bentonite mine which gives us high grade organoclay. We have a modern manufacturing factory with best in class equipment.
With these, we can manufacture and supply you with quality organoclay on time. This makes Camp Shining a credible and reliable organoclay manufacturer.
The role of bentonite organoclay in coatings and paints
(1) Organoclay Bentonite in the coating can enhance the water resistance of the coating and improve the viscosity, strength and adhesion of the coating.
(2) Effectively improve the anti-settling ability and suspension performance of the coating.
(3) It can play the role of water retention, slow drying and lubrication in the coating, thereby improving the painting performance of the coating construction.
(4) It can be used as a dispersant for coatings, effectively solving the phenomenon of poor dispersion of coatings and improving the quality of coating products.
(6) A small amount of bentonite rheological additive can be added to enhance the hiding power of the coating.
(7) Organoclay Bentonite has cold resistance and high temperature resistance, and the prepared coating can still be used at high and low temperatures in summer and winter.
(8) The hydration solution of bentonite has the advantages of good strength, good stability, good adhesion, and high adhesion. Adding to the coating can solve the defects of low strength and poor adhesion of the finished coating and can form a uniform thickness, smooth coating.
(9) Since bentonite can greatly enhance the anti-settling ability of the coating, at this time we can add a part of heavy calcium carbonate powder to replace the light calcium carbonate powder, so as to reduce the production cost of the coating and improve the economic benefits of the enterprise.
(10) Most of the materials used in the production of polyvinyl alcohol series coatings are light calcium carbonate, which is relatively expensive. We can add part of bentonite to replace some light calcium carbonate components, and reduce the amount of light calcium carbonate used in coating products to achieve the purpose of reducing costs
(11) Bentonite has good gelling and dispersibility after being fully diluted with a large amount of water. It can release charged ions in water, and the electrical repulsion between these ions can act as a dispersant in the coating.
(12) In waterproof coatings, high-speed moving bentonite colloidal particles collide with hot asphalt, chop it, and then crush and gel the asphalt. Polar substances in gelled asphalt particles
The bentonite particles are easily absorbed by the bentonite particles, thereby forming a colloidal hydration film on the surface of the asphalt particles, reducing the interfacial tension between the asphalt and water, preventing the asphalt particles from re-aggregating, and forming a stable dispersed phase, thereby allowing the bentonite to play a role in the coating.
(13) The purpose of adding bentonite to paint:
The bentonite used in the paint is organically modified to improve its compatibility with the resin system in the paint and coating.
(14) Organophilic Bentonite can greatly improve the suspension, adhesion, brushability and water resistance of coatings.
(15) Among the putty powder, Organoclay bentonite has good water swelling and lubricating properties. It has the effect of water retention, slow drying and lubrication when the putty plaster is used to plaster the wall, and the paint master has a good slippery effect during construction. It feels like your putty product Especially easy to use.
What are the benefits of using organoclay bentonite for putty powder?
We know that organic bentonite is a kind of non-metallic mineral clay with montmorillonite as the main component. The difference between this kind of clay and ordinary clay is that it has a special water-absorbing swelling effect and can absorb 8-10 times its own volume of water, and It expands rapidly to 20~30 times, and has a good thixotropic lubrication effect. Therefore, when we add bentonite to putty powder or putty paste, it has many advantages, such as good thickening, thickening, water retention and lubrication effects.
Through the use of organic clay, practice has proved that the use of putty powder and bentonite has the following benefits:
(1) Water retention: In summer, when the putty powder for interior walls dries too fast, or when the scraping and sticking force is too low, we can add part of the bentonite to effectively increase the viscosity, water retention and lubrication, and it will not be used when scraping the putty. Laborious and flexible, making construction much easier!
(2) Prevent dehydration: The finished product of putty paste will inevitably appear dehydration after storage time is too long. Adding some organic bentonite can effectively solve this phenomenon and effectively delay the storage time of putty paste.
What is the dosage of organoclay bentonite added in the coatings and paints?
Addition levels are typically in 0.2%~2.0%. Polar activator (95% Ethanol or 95% Methanol) is needed. Normally addition level of polar activator is recommended to be 30%~40% of organoclay in weight.
What is the price of organoclay?
The price of organoclay according to different application, different ingredients and formulas, when Camp Shinning produces organic clay, the cost is very different.
Here, we provide an approximate range for purchasers’ reference.
Usually, our price is between US$1500 per ton to USD2700 per ton.
If you can clearly tell us your application and the grade of bentonite organoclay you have used in the past, we will recommend a model with similar performance. Because we have our own bentonite mine and years of production experience, we can effectively control costs and ensure our price advantage.
This is the advantage of being an organoclay manufacturer and supplier.
What does the organoclay HS Code?
The HS code of Camp Shining’s organoclay is HS 2508.0000.
What is an organoclay CAS number?
The CAS number for Camp Shining’s organoclay bentonite is CAS 68953 – 58 -2
What is the package Of Organoclay?
Kraft paper bag with PE liner or multi-wall paper sacks or customized. 25kg/bag or 22.68kg/bag or customized
What Is The Requestment For Storage?
Organoclay should store in a dry, well-ventilated area with temperature of 0℃-30℃. Keep container closed. The quality guarantee period is 24 months.
What is the delivery time for Camp Shining Organoclay?
The delivery time for Camp Shining Organoclay is 7-10 working days after receiving your deposit.
If this is your first time to purchase organoclay, understanding organic bentonite clay can be cumbersome.
This is why I wrote this guide for you.
I want to help you avoid problems, quality, price or delivery time that comes with organoclay supplier and manufacturer.
I just want to make this process easy and simple for you to understand.
But again, you don’t have to worry about organoclay – Camp Shinning is here to help you.
Just tell us what your applications, or what grade of organoclay do you used before and to which market…
We’ll provide an organoclay solution for your specific needs.
If you have any other questions, you are welcome to email us or contact us by whatsapp, and we will respond in a timely manner within 24 hours.
Our Sales Dept :
Organoclay supplier and manufacturer : Zhejiang Camp Shinning New Material Co.Ltd