Rheology modifier CP-40
Rheology modifiers thickening agent CP-40 is an organo clay (modified bentonite), rheology modifier bentonite designed especially for use in solvent based system. Rheology modifier organoclay can be used widely in solvents from low polarity to medium-high polarity.
Composition Organic derivative of a montmorillonite clay
Appearance Fine powder, light yellow
Moisture content (105℃,2hr) ≤3.5%
Loss on ignition (1000℃) 28%-31%
Bulk density 0.53g/cm3
Fineness (<74μm, %) ≥98%
- High gelling efficiency,high viscosity
- Wide application range, it can be applied in all low, middle and high polarity range
- Produce reproducible thixotropic consistency over a wide temperature range
- Imparts particle suspension, preventing hard settling of pigment and fillers
- Exerts strong film reinforcing action in organic binder systems
Rheology modifier Viscosifiers CP-40 is used in the following applications:
- Rheology modifierfor paint ,Marine paint, Industrial paint, heavy-duty,anticorrosion paint such as bituminous coatings, epoxy paints, chlorinated rubber paints
- rheology modifierfor OBM | Rheology modifiers oilfield | Rheology modifier in drilling fluids
Rheology modifiers thickening agent CP-40 disperses under high shear and requires a polar activator for best efficiency. Heat is not required to obtain good dispersion. Addition levels are typically in 0.2%~2.0%. Polar activator (95% Ethanol or 95% Methanol) is needed. Normally addition level of polar activator is recommended to be 45%~60% of CP-40 in weight. If in xylene system, addition level of polar activator is about 30%-40% of bentonite rheology modifier CP-40 in weight.
Pre-gel is made as below procedure.
- Charge solvent to mill
- Slowly addthixotropicrheology modifier CP-40 (6-10% by weight of total pre-gel) to mill under agitation.
- Mix at high speed for 5 minutes.
- Add polar activator.
- Mix at high speed for 5 minutes
All safety information is provided in the Material Safety Data Sheets for manufacturer of Rheology modifiers Zhejiang Camp-Shinning New Material Co.,Ltd.
Kraft paper bag with PE liner or multi-wall paper sacks or customized. 25kg/bag or 22.68kg/bag or customized
Rheology organoclay CP-40 has a shelf life of 2 years, and should be stored in ventilated cool and dry place.
The information on use is based on data which are believed reliable, but any recommendation or suggestion made is without guarantee or warranty, since the conditions of use are outside our control. Rheology modifier are sold on the conditions that purchasers shall make their own tests to determine the suitability of such products for their purpose and that all risks are assumed by user. We disclaim any responsibility for damages resulting from careless or improper handling or use. Nothing herein is to be taken as permission, inducement or recommendation to practice any patented invention without a license.
If you are interesting our rheology modifier , Pls mail us
Mob(whatsapp) : 0086-131 85 071 071