Our #Emulsifier is fatty acid based emulsifier and polyamides based emulsifier.It serves as a primary emulsifier in oil base mud systems. It is formulated to give good emulsification, improved thermal stability of the invert emulsion, and enhanced high-temperature,high-pressure (HTHP) filtration control. Through comprehensive tests in a number of oil-base mud formulations with various base oils, mud densities, oil/water ratios and hot-rolling temperatures, it proves that at working temperature up to 149oC (300oF), CPMUL-P can maintain high ES (electrical stability), low HTHP filtrate and desired rheological property.
CPMUL-P comprises of modified amidoamine, oxidized fatty acids and low-toxic organic solvent.
We are pleased to offer CPMUL-P with specification as below:
1. Phisico-chemical Specification
- Appearance: dark mobile liquid
- Odor: no or slight odor
- Specific Gravity (20℃): 0.93~ 1.03
- Flush Point (PMCC): > 65oC (149oF)
- Pour Point: < -10oC (14oF)
- Solubility: soluble in oil. Insoluble in water.
2. Mud Performance Specification
- Yield Point (YP): 10 – 20 lb/100ft2
- Electrical Stability (ES): minimum 500 Volt
- HTHP Filtrate @ 121oC (250oF), 500psi: maximum 12ml
For test procedure of mud performance, please refer to ANNEX below.
Test Procedure of Mud Performance
1. Test Reagents
- White oil low-aromatic-content mineral oil,
- CP-150 high-grade organoclay, made by Camp-Shinning
- Calcium hydroxide (lime) analytical grade, from local market
- CPmul-S secondary emulsifier, made by Camp-Shinning
- Barite API grade, from local market
- Rev Dust evaluation clay
2 Test Mud Formulation
- White oil (base oil) 222ml
- CP-150 7g
- Lime 5g
- CPmul-P (to be tested) 6g
- CPmul-S (Control Sample) 3g
- 25% CaCl2 water solution 60ml
- API-grade barite 215g
- Rev Dust 15g
- Mud weight 11.80ppg
- O/W ratio 80:20
3. Test Mud Preparation
3.1 25% CaCl2 preparation: Dissolve 25g anhydrous CaCl2 into 75ml distilled water. Store it for service.
3.2 Pour White oil 5# into the mixing cup of Mixer. While stirring on the mixer at low rpm, add CPmul-P and CPmul-S, and wait until they are fully dissolved in the oil. Then at 11000rpm stirring strength, add 25% CaCl2 solution slowly into the oil. Then add other additives at the order of lime, CP-150, Rev Dust and barite. When everything is added, continue to stir the mud at 11000rpm for 30 minutes.
4. Mud Performance Test
4.1 Warm the mud to 49oC (120oF). Test R600 (dial reading at 600rpm of Fann 35 VG Meter), R300, R200, R100, R6, R3, 10-seconds gel strength and 10-minutes gel strength. Calculate Yield Point
(YP):YP= 2xR300 – R600 (lb/100ft2)
4.2 Hot roll the test mud in a hot roller at 121oC (250oF) for 16 hours. After hot rolling, cool the mud to 49oC (120oF), then test R600, R300, R200, R100, R6, R3, 10-seconds gel strength and 10-minutes gel strength. Calculate Yield Point (YP):
YP= 2xR300 – R600 (lb/100ft2)
4.3 Electric Stability (ES) is tested always at room temperature. ES is tested before and after hot rolling. Before testing ES, stir the mud at 6000rpm for 10 minutes on Mixer.
4.4 HTHP filtrate is tested after hot rolling. Test is at 121oC (250oF) and 500psi pressure differential. Collect the filtrate for 30 minutes.
Mail: email@example.com Mob: 0086-13185071071
#Emulsifier #EmulsifierForOilBase #FattyAcidBasedEmulsifier #PolyamidesBasedEmulsifier.
Oil based mud surface active agent secondary emulsifier
Oil based fuilds primary emulsifier