What polar activator is better for Organoclay | Organophilic bentonite?
Polar activator Organoclay | Organophilic bentonite,generally, dispersing and gelling are supported by polar activator. Polar activator can form hydrogen bridge bond between organoclay platelets, thereby increasing cross-linking and viscosity.
1.Below listed polar activators are recommended
- Glycol ether
- Propylene carbonate/water(95/5)
- Propylene carbonate
2，Dispersion and activation of organoclay:
- Suitable dosage of polar activator is very important to dispersion of organoclay and stabilit
- system. Too much polar activator will reduce swelling once again and viscosity would drop down again. See following chart 1
- Polar activator should be added only after addition of organoclay, and organoclay has been fully wetted and dispersed
- For poor wetting resin systems(epoxy, polyester, short-oil alkyd, acrylic resin, etc.) organoclay should be used in combination with surfactant
- Typical viscosity curve of a system with organoclay. See following chart 2
4 ， Applications for oil drilling mud and fracture fluids :
|Application||Our Rheological additive||CP-982||CP-992||CP-EZ||CP-169||CP-150|
5，Package and storage:
The package: Kraft bag or kraft complex interior with PE or customized
Packing size: 25kg/bag or 500kg/bag or customized. Products should be stored in ventilated cool and dry place.
Storage life: Two years
Organoclay Store in a dry, well-ventilated area with temperature of 0℃-30℃. Keep container closed. The quality guarantee period is 24 months.
We are now looking for Global Distributors for our organoclay, Welcome to cooperate with us !
(TEL / Wechat) 0086-13185071071
Zhejiang Camp-Shinning New Material Co.Ltd
⇒ You are welcome to send us an email to know the latest information about organophilic clay.We would like to send you the latest catalogue, or free rheological additive samples for testing.