Organophilic Hectorite clay is an Organoclay used as viscosifier in invert oil
base or synthetic base mud. Organophilic clay is an amine treated Hectorite used to increase carrying capacity and suspension properties, providing support for weighting materials and improvement in hole cleaning capabilitie.
- COMMON NAME : Organophilic Hectorite Clay
- APPEARANCE : Powder
- SPECIFIC GRAVITY : 1.70
- Organic bentonite clay is used to increase viscosity and gel strength in invert oil base or synthetic base mud. It has proven successful in preparing drilling coring workover and completion fluids such as casing packs, packer fluids and spotting fluids. Good agitation and sufficient shear are required to develop viscosity when using our CP-series organoclay bentonite to build fresh mud.
- Provide suspension of weighting materials
- Increase hole-cleaning capacity
- Improves filter cakes quality and filtration characteristics .
- Effective gelling agent in casing packs and packer fluids.
- Temperature stable.
- Increase hole-cleaning capacity.The effectiveness of modified bentonite is reduced when added to a
mud system, which is severely water wet.Over treatment may lead to rheological problems Requires shear and temperature to yield to its optimum level
Higher concentrations required in high oil water ratio systems
Allow newly formulated fluids two full circulations before attempting
to remediate low rheology modifier.
- We are now looking for Global Distributors for our organoclay, Welcome to cooperate with us !
E-MAIL: [email protected]
(TEL / Wechat) 0086-13185071071
Zhejiang Camp-Shinning New Material Co.Ltd
⇒ You are welcome to send us an email to know the latest information about organophilic clay.We would like to send you the latest catalogue, or free rheological additive samples for testing.