Rheological additives | CP Series Organoclay
Rheological additives is a kind of inorganic mineral/organic ammonium compound. Rheological additives uses bentonite as raw material. It uses the layered structure of montmorillonite in bentonite and its ability to swell and disperse in water or organic solvents into colloidal clay particles.
Ion exchange technology is made by inserting organic covering agent. Rheological additives is based on the full reaction between the organic covering agent cation and sodium-based montmorillonite.
High-end products that have been carefully formulated and strictly produced. Rheological additive can form a gel in various organic solvents, oils, and liquid resins.
Rheological additive has good thickening, thixotropy, suspension stability, high temperature stability, lubricity, film formation, water resistance and chemical stability. Has important application value in the coating industry.
Rheological additive is also widely used in paint, ink, aviation, metallurgy, chemical fiber, petroleum and oil industries.
Organoclay bentonite is refined from high-quality sodium bentonite after purification, denaturation and chemical treatment. Strong lipophilicity, Organoclay bentonite can form gel in xylene, 200# coal tar solvent and high-polarity organic solvent oil, and has thixotropy.
The characteristics of Organoclay bentonite: Organoclays bentonite has hydrophobic and lipophilic properties; it has good dispersibility, solubilization, emulsification and adsorption in organic solvents. This reflects the gelation rate and viscosity of the product itself.
Organoclay grease is an inorganic grease. The thickener used is Organoclay bentonite. In order to be well dispersed in mineral oil, organoclay bentonite must have a fine particle size and a lipophilic surface.
Organoclay grease is made of fine-grained organobentonite thickened with medium and high viscosity mineral oil after being treated with surfactants (such as dimethyl, octadecyl, benzyl, chloro, amine, and ammonia).To make. Organoclay grease has no dropping point, and its high temperature resistance depends only on the high temperature resistance of the surfactant.
Generally, Organoclay can be used up to 150°C. The low temperature properties of Organoclay grease mainly depend on the low temperature properties of mineral oil and the amount of thickening agent.
The mechanical stability of organoclay grease varies with the properties of different surfactants. It is easy to thin out and flow out after long-term use in rolling bearings.
Organoclay grease is firmly combined with mineral oil. On the one hand, it shows little oil separation. On the other hand, it is because of insufficient oil separation to insufficiently lubricate the metal friction surface, which affects its use in higher-speed rolling bearings.
Organoclay grease accounts for a very small proportion of grease output, only about 0.1%.
Modification refers to the replacement of exchangeable cations in montmorillonite with organic ammonium cations.
Covering the surface of montmorillonite, blocking the adsorption center of water, causing it to lose its water-absorbing effect and becoming hydrophobic.
And lipophilic Organoclay bentonite . Organoclay bentonite after the substitution reaction can also show excellent dispersion, expansion, adsorption, adhesion and thixotropy in organic solvents. Organobentonite is widely used in coatings, rock and oil drilling, printing inks, fire extinguishing agents, high temperature lubricants and other fields.
Pls contact us now if you are interesting our Rheology Modifier In Paint .
Whatsapp /Wechat : +86-13185071071
Organobentonite is a compound of organic quaternary ammonium salt and natural bentonite. It is a fine chemical product developed in recent years. The main characteristics of organic bentonite are swelling, high dispersion and thixotropy in organic media.
1. In terms of coatings, organic bentonite is generally used as an anti-settling agent and thickener, and used as a metal anticorrosive coating. It has the characteristics of corrosion resistance, wear resistance, salt water erosion, impact resistance, and moisture resistance;
2. In the textile industry, organic bentonite is mainly used as a dyeing auxiliary for synthetic fiber fabrics;
3. Regarding high-speed printing inks, adjust the consistency, viscosity and permeability of the ink as needed;
4. In drilling, organic bentonite can be used as a latex stabilizer;
5. In terms of high temperature grease, organic bentonite is especially used to prepare high temperature grease suitable for high temperature and long-term continuous operation.
6. Special organic bentonite for bentonite grease and special grease for lubricating grease:
7. Organobentonite has the characteristics of hydrophobic and lipophilic, high temperature resistance, lubricity, and adhesion; it can also be used as a thickening agent, suspending agent, and dispersing agent. And it can save the consumption of lithium hydroxide. And with its unique silica (SiO2) ions, it can improve the anti-friction, anti-wear and extreme pressure properties of the oil, and automatically repair the mechanical abrasion and scratch performance.
The usage Of Rheological Additives:
1. Add Rheological additives when the saponification is within 100℃, or when the oil is cooled to below 100℃, add Rheological additives together with other additives. The finished product will be uniformly sheared and dispersed.
Dosage: Depend on production and flexible control!
2. Rheological additives for paint is widely used in organic solvents, especially in organic benzene solutions .Such as paints, coatings and inks.
It can prevent precipitation, sag resistance, abrasion resistance, control penetration, seawater corrosion resistance, thick coating, etc.
Anti-settling, control viscosity, anti-moisture, non-soaking thixotropy. Especially special Rheological additives must be added to high-speed printing inks and special inks.
What is the difference between inorganic bentonite and organic bentonite
Bentonite is a non-metallic clay mineral, known as “universal clay”. In recent years, it has made significant progress in the development and utilization of non-metallic minerals.
It has attracted much attention. According to statistics, it has been used in more than 100 in 14 fields. The department is widely used. Bentonite has many types and complex chemical composition.
The main components are silica, alumina, and a small amount of magnesium, calcium, potassium, sodium, iron, etc. Its structural types mainly include micro-layered striated, breccia, patchy, dense block, and soil-like structures.
Natural bentonite can be roughly divided into calcium bentonite, sodium bentonite, etc. According to the type and quantity of exchangeable cations based on montmorillonite.
Due to the low content of natural mineral bentonite, montmorillonite, etc., it is limited in practical application. In order to obtain bentonite with higher practicality, some cations such as sodium, lithium, calcium, magnesium, potassium must be added artificially.
To achieve the purpose of modifying bentonite, the obtained corresponding bentonite is called sodium bentonite or lithium bentonite. Organobentonite is added with organic molecular materials,
Such as: long-chain alkyl groups (twelve, fourteen, sixteen, eighteen) alkyl, bromide, ammonium and so on. These materials are combined with inorganic bentonite under certain conditions to obtain organic bentonite.
Due to the introduction of organic long chains, it can be dispersed in organic solvents; it shows that many characteristics have changed and become more prominent.
The naturally occurring bentonite belongs to inorganic bentonite, and the bentonite product after inorganic chemical treatment or mechanical processing is also called inorganic bentonite.
Pls contact us now if you are interesting our Rheological additives In Paints, oil drilling mud, grease etc .
Whatsapp /Wechat : +86-13185071071